While PC gamers have been enjoying Skyrim's 1.5 patch for the greater part of a month now, console owners have been patiently waiting their turn. Today is that day, as 1.5 is currently available on Xbox Live, and will be made available later today on PlayStation 3.
For a full list of bug fixes and feature additions check out Bethesda's blog post, but here are the main details of the patch:
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
Bethesda mentions that the average Skyrim player has invested only 85 hours in the game, reminding us all that we've been slacking off and should go finish those awesome Daedric Prince quests. Seriously though, how long has Lydia been locked inside Breezehome since you last played? Did you leave enough cabbages in your locker for her to eat?
Expect to hear more on what could likely be Skyrim's first DLC in the coming weeks and months. Kind of an ambiguous timeframe, but at least they aren't rushing out that horse armor like last time.