If you're a massive (figuratively or literally) Street Fighter fan and feel you simply haven't poured enough money into the franchise yet, Capcom's got you covered with the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set.
In all fairness, the Collector's Set does include a ton of Street Fighter stuff, though we'd expect no less for $150. So what exactly does that triple-digit price fetch in SF goods? Four games -- including the new Street Fighter X Tekken-- with DLC, the anime feature films, an 8" Ryu statue, multi-disc soundtrack, a modest artbook, and more.
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games – Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includesStreet Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighteranimated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack – Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book – A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu’s Belt – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic "Fūrinkazan" in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
The Collector's Set will be released on September 18 in North America for Xbox 360 and PS3. No PC version was included in the announcement. Needless to say, quantities are pretty limited, though we're not really sure how limited.
Other Street Fighter celebrations this year include a series of global tournaments featuring the four games included in the bundle, with grand finals scheduled for December 8 in San Francisco. The tournaments will be kicking off July 28 in Austin, Texas, and hop across several cities and countries over the span of five months.
Capcom has also set up a new Street Fighter 25th Anniversary website where they're hoping fans will be able to share heartfelt stories of "how the Street Fighter series has influenced their lives" over the years. The site hasn't gone live yet, so if you've got a really touching Street Fighter related life lesson to share, just... write it down somewhere first.